Share your favorite family recipe with us and we’ll share it with readers of The Herald. We’ll publish the best recipes in our Gadsden County Cookbook.
Whether your family’s favorite recipe is for chocolate chip cookies or chicken pilau; whether that recipe has been passed down for generations or is something totally new, we want to publish it.
Email your favorite recipe to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and contact information, and anything you’d like to tell us about why your family loves the recipe. If you have a picture of it on a plate or in a pan, pass that along as well.
Momma’s Breakfast Quiche
Here’s a simple recipe from my mom, Ann Haines. Her breakfast quiche is a simple recipe that you can use several times a year. Whether you have company coming or a busy morning planned for the next day, this is a great and easy recipe to make the night before. Put it in the refrigerator and bake it for a quick breakfast. Just double it if you have a crowd. Be sure you bake it until the eggs are done or a knife comes out clean.
~ Mark Pettus, Publisher
• 6 eggs beaten
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (I probably didn’t use this)
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 pound pork sausage
• 1 can chopped green chilis
• Easy to double or triple for a large group.
• Cook sausage and drain.
• Mix all ingredients & pour into a prepared pastry shell & bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
• Check at 45 minutes-better if eaten right out of the oven.
By Mark Pettus